i-ASSIST Knee, Total knee replacement -Dr. Sinukumar Bhaskaran
i-ASSIST Knee is an advanced surgical guidance system engineered to improve the accuracy and alignment of total knee replacement surgery. i-ASSIST Knee helps to assist the surgeon in precisely aligning knee implants to each patient’s unique anatomy, providing a personalized fit and a truly tailored total knee replacement.
i-ASSIST Knee has synthesized the latest guidance technologies into a palm-sized electronic display to help surgeons align and validate implant positioning during a total knee replacement surgery. i-ASSIST Knee System seamlessly integrates into the operation by requiring no complex imaging equipment or additional surgical incisions.
Better Patient Outcomes in the Palm of Your Hand
The iASSIST Knee System provides a compact, electronic control system designed to help surgeons make parallel and validate bony resections in real-time within the surgical field.
- Works with usual instruments for minimum workflow disruption.
- Intraoperative validation of resections in the surgical field without the use of additional imaging tools.
- Guidance technologies have shown a 25% lower review rate due to loosening or lysis at 8 years.
- Radiological outcomes have shown that the bassist Knee System’s validation feature increases precision and accurateness compared to conventional instruments.
- i-ASSIST provides 88% good or excellent patient satisfaction.
- Better Patient Outcomes in the Palm of Your Hand.
Improving knee replacements with iASSIST system
The device is made up of small electronic pods, which are basically mini-computers with wireless technology similar to smartphones. These electronic pods snap onto conservative instruments used in knee replacement surgery. By minimally moving the knee in different positions during surgery, the device registers the anatomic axis of the leg unique to that patient, which guides each bone cut and eventually places the knee implant in a more correct alignment.